Sunday, June 24, 2012

Painting the roses red...

Over the weekend I decided to start a project. And I finished it!! I can't believe I finished it. Well, it's Sunday night and all I have left is the final clear finish, but hey, all the work part is done! Travis' aunt Sarah gave us two night stands that have been in the family for a long time and I have 4 kids so I can use all the furniture anyone wants to give. Anyway, I had the boys' room a red and blue theme at the old house and wanted to continue it here. Mainly because that is what I already have and because I like it. I wanted to paint the night stands red with a little distressing. It was so much easier than I thought and I think the first one came out great. I still have the other one to do. ;-)



Here is an up close of the distressing I did. It wasn't much, I am sure the boys will distress it more for me!
The whole time I was painting I kept thinking of the song in alice in wonderland... painting the roses red....

1 comment:

  1. Looks good! that furniture was my mom and dads bedroom furniture- I think there are dates on the bottom that show 1965 as when it was manufactured.. Glad to see it is still being used by us. Mom would be glad also!
    XOXO
    Aunt Sarah

    ReplyDelete