Friday, September 16, 2011

Bible Study

This week is SUYL favorite Bible Studies over at kellys korner. I have always wanted to be in a Bible study but since I have had very clingy babies it has been hard to commit to something. I wish I had gotten involved in things like that and stayed involved so that each child would have eaily gotten used to childcare. Since we just moved to a new state I knew the only way to get to know other women was to get involved and I thought a Bible study would be great. The study we are doing is Jean Stockwell's Run Well, Finish Strong. It is about how to raise your children into Godly adults. "As we run we want to hand down the baton of our faith to the next generation without stumbling or fumbling the hand off." The role of a mother is to work herself out of a job.  There will be a day when you will release your children into the world. I hope to be able to dig deep into the Word, and meet Godly women to fellowship with. You only get one chance at raising your children and I hope to run well and finish strong. 




Aside from starting a Women's Bible Study I bought a girls devotion book for Kaitlyn. It is for girls aged 6-9, so it is easy for her to read as well. We have started reading it at night together. It is short and sweet and has a little fun activity at the end of each devotion. It is the perfect amount of information to keep her attention. My hope and prayer for her is to become a believer at an early age and have God at her side for the rest of her life. 


I also love to listen to Andy Stanley. We were members at one of his satellite churches in Ga. All you have to do is go to their website northpoint and click to watch/listen. He is a great speaker and easy to listen to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment